Nutritional Therapy is the application of nutrition science in the promotion of health and peak performance. Nutritional Therapy can identify potential nutritional imbalances and how these contribute to symptoms. This approach allows the nutritional therapist to work with people on many levels by addressing nutritional imbalances and supporting the body towards maintaining health.
Some people simply want to check that they are on the right track with regard to healthy eating. Others may want to lose weight or get help with their symptoms. Nutritional Therapists recognise that each person is an individual with unique requirements and take time to define a personalised nutrition plan rather than a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
What to expect from a consultation
A nutritional therapist’s work starts with a client consultation that involves:
- Detailed analysis of your dietary and nutritional intake.
- Detailed health and family case history.
- A strategy for health – linking the symptoms to nutritional imbalances and providing support and encouragement to change diet and lifestyle.
- Action plan – personalised advice for diet and lifestyle changes.
- Supplement programme – details of any recommended nutritional supplements.
- The recommendation of non-invasive clinical tests if required, to help ascertain any suspected underlying conditions.
Lisa has been developing her healing skills since 1995. She is fully qualified in cranio-sacral therapy, Medical herbalism, Nutritional therapy, Reiki and Theta healing. Her wide repertoire of skills, which she is continuously expanding and refining, allows her to offer a truly integrated approach to healthcare. She brings gentleness and compassion to all of her work and is passionate and committed to helping and empowering others to heal.
Lisa is also strongly committed in her role as practice manager and strives to foster a sense of community and eco-friendly business practices within the clinic.